Skip to main content

Medinet Habu 1924-28 Part 1: The Epigraphic Survey of the Great Temple of Medinet Habu (Seasons 1924-25 To 1927-28) / Part 2: The Architectural Survey of the Great Temple and Palace of Medinet Habu (Season 1927-28)

"On January 1, 1829, having made the voyage up the Nile, the great decipherer Francois Champollion began his personal records of the inscribed monuments on the river at Wadi Halfa just below the Second Cataract. One century later the work of the Epigraphic Survey begins anew the effort to record the inscriptions still in situ in Egypt by means of modern hand copies. This report is intended as a sketch of the work of the Institute at Medinet Habu."

Author(s):  Nelson, Harold H.; Hölscher , Uvo
Format:  Book
Publisher:  The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
Publication City:  Chicago
Date:  1929
Series:  Oriental Institute Communications 5